Some of the health benefits of eating Bok Choy are:
- Studies have shown that Bok Choy can reduce the risk of lung cancer in nonsmokers by 30 percent and in smokers by 69 percent!
- Bok Choy is a good source of calcium, a nutrient needed to keep our bones, teeth, and joints healthy.
- This vegetable has been shown to promote good heart health and optimal brain function.
- Worried about aging? Bok Choy is full of beta-carotene that can be converted to vitamin A to help reduce the signs of aging.
- Bok Choy is a good source of vitamin C, a nutrient needed to keep our immune system strong.
- Detoxing? Bok Choy helps the liver in detoxification and protects it from the effects of stress, pollution, and aging factors in our modern environment.
Cut up all of the Bok Choy and 3-4 green onions.
Make sure and wash the Bok Choy and Onions real good.
All that healthy green goodness
Next, heat up your crunchy topping.
2 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
4 Tablespoons of Butter
1/2 cup of Toasted Sesame Seeds
Then add 4 oz. Slivered Almonds and one Package of Ramen Noodles.
Don't use the seasoning in the package. Crunch the noodles up before opening.
Brown it all together.
Now to make the sauce:
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
1/3 cup white Sugar
To serve. I place a handful of the Bok Choy and onions on a plate.
Drizzle with a small amount of the sauce, and top with the crunchy topping.
For future meals I store each portion of the salad separately.