One of the books I bought was titled Earthing. I had no idea what is was all about but summarized that it was a health improvement book. So, minutes later I was reading.
This book actually proves to sound a bit wacky and yet it makes sense.
Could it really be that we are all in need of grounding?
What is grounding you ask?
Well, basically it's taking off our shoes and walking barefoot on the earth's surface.
"Earthing involves being connected to the Earth's eternal and gentle surface energies. Earthing can be accomplished by walking barefoot outside and/or sitting, working or sleeping inside while connected to an Earthing Product - a conductive mat or sheet that delivers the natural nurturing energy of the Earth into your body. For more than 10 years, thousands of people around the world - men, women, children and athletes - have incorporated Earthing into their daily routines. The results have been documented and they are extraordinary."
Health Benefits Include:
Observations and research suggest the following benefits from Earthing; we expect many more to emerge with ongoing studies...
- defuses the cause of inflammation, and improves or eliminates the symptoms of many inflammation-related disorders.
- reduces or eliminates chronic pain.
- improves sleep in most cases.
- increases energy.
- lowers stress and promotes calmness in the body by cooling down the nervous system and stress hormones.
- normalizes the body's biological rhythms.
- thins the blood and improves blood pressure and flow.
- relieves muscle tention and headaches.
- lessens hormonal and menstrual symptoms.
- dramatically speeds healing and helps prevent bedsores.
- reduces or eliminates jet lag.
- protects the body against potentially health-disturbing environmental electromagnetic fields (EMFs).
- accelerates recovery from intense athletic activity.
If you are interested in learning more, you can download and read the first 50 pages of the book 'Earthing' here: